Sunday 31 August 2014

Sunday, 31st August 2014

Ooooh its been over a month... sorry about that!

Today has been an exciting day though, I need to share. Today I opened my Etsy shop!

I have just put a few of the frames I made on to start with, and I need to work on the search terms so that the items come up through the Etsy search engine, but it is so exciting! Feels really weird to see my stuff for sale on a website. Even though I put it there!



The link to my Etsy shop is:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheWonkyCog

I have been making loads of frames recently to get prepared for the Honiton Craft Fair, which I am doing with mum and dad :D. It has given me a chance to play around with different colour threads and fabrics, and there is LITERALLY nothing more fun than hunting in charity shops for frames. Even if they don't sell, I have had so much fun it will have all been worth it!

Another exciting event today - it was Cheese Hamwich time! I did an order on the Iceland website because I got a PayPal voucher for £10 off, so I wanted to fill up the freezer. I came across these things while I was ordering and they looked so weird I just had to try them:


Well, now I have eaten them, and the results are in. They are kind of what you expect them to be - the centre is basically Spam and remains neon pink throughout the cooking process. The cheese has some supernatural quality which prevents it from melting in a 200 degree oven. The breadcrumbs are definitely not golden and the entire thing leaks grease. However, sometimes you just need to eat some filth. I can honestly say this is one of the filthiest things I have ever eaten and I simply cannot bring myself to look at the nutritional information... 

I have to admit it, it was ok in a sort of 'kebab at 2am/eating cake mixture even though it has raw egg in it/I really know I shouldn't be eating this' kind of way.

Dan is yet to experience this but he is very excited about it so I hope he is in the mood for cheese flavour gristle when he gets home from work...

Anyway, now my curiosity has been sated I can move on. I have set myself a new challenge to improve my cooking - I want to go from 'fairly good' to 'really good'. Over the weekend I made shortcrust pastry and then a quiche, which I was very pleased with. I learnt to make gnocchi from scratch last week so tomorrow I will be improving on that and also making my own pesto. 

Ugh the neighbour has got his guitar out. Why is it just me that finds music cringey and annoying? Especially the 'I am opening my window just as I start playing so that all of the neighbours can think how amazing I am until at least midnight' sort of music!!!!

I think I had better get back to my knitting...

K xxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow it looks great in red! Not as good as mine of course! I love it xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it in red! I am tempted to keep that one!

    ReplyDelete