Monday 7 July 2014

Monday, 7th July 2014

Sooo..., I know, I have been rubbish! No posts for a month! But fear not - I am back :)

I have been busy being a little miss fancy-pants becoming a regular at the Royal Clarence. Three times in a week! We went to the cafe for lunch for my sister's birthday (best chips EVER but the salad was weird and hard to eat!), cocktails with my dad on a whim after a curry (expensive but damn good!) and for afternoon tea, which was my present to my mum and sister for their birthdays.

The afternoon tea was the best. What an amazing experience! There was enough food for at least 6 people (although I had no problem pulling my weight when it came to clearing the plates) and it was all incredible. The sandwiches were superb and the scones were lovely, but the crowning glory had to be the little fruit tarts on the cake platter. I could have eaten about ten of those! 

When it comes to that place, you really do get what you pay for. I probably wont set foot in there for some time, my purse can't handle it, but it has been great! And lovely to spend some time with the family as well.

Another night out tonight - I FINALLY went to Tyepyedong with some friends. I have been meaning to go there since I moved to Exeter nearly 10 years ago! I was not dissapointed - like a more authentic Wagamamas. All tasted really fresh, I had a large bowl of noodle soup and it was filled with little treats and surprises. I was undignified and slurped the noodles and made a mess. Definitely somewhere to visit again - very good value for money at £9 for a main course.


On the driving front, test number two was another FAIL, possibly worse than the first attempt! My feet were shaking and I made stupid mistakes! I didn't know your feet could shake! I have a theory that the nerves are causing me to lose clutch control and any sense of what gear I am in. Time for a fresh set of eyes on this - I am currently waiting for a call back from an instructor who teaches in an automatic. I was worried it was a cop-out until I had a really good chat with my dad who was very supportive and made me feel a lot better about my gut instinct on this one. Watch this space!

In other news, I started a Slim-Fast diet today. I haven't been hungry all day so it definitely keeps you full! A lady I speak to in our warehouse has said it doesn't work (after I had spent £20 on a week's worth of stuff!!) so I am determined to prove her wrong, and to make sure I am not the fatty at the Christmas party this year. It is already July! I need to pull my socks up.

Also, I received my new book today. Time to better myself! 


xxx

2 comments:

  1. Poor you, nagged into posting! Thank you for a wonderful posh afternoon tea! It was a real treat. I couldn't eat anything until the next day! That never happens.
    Good luck with the diet and don't listen to the naysayers. It's a kick start to get you going!
    Good idea to try an automatic, no shaky feet allowed! Xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did manage dinner but not till 9.30! Booked my next test for the 28th August... eek!

    ReplyDelete