Sunday 13 July 2014

Sunday, 13th July 2014

Uuuugh I am so embarrassed! Sitting here this morning watching Big Brother (the only way to start a Sunday) and we hear a lot of swearing in the garden. It is the neighbour, attempting to take his dog for a walk and being ambushed by the cat. Muddles lies in wait in a shrub for the dog to walk past and then pounces, this is a frequent event. Sounds of growling, scuffling and the cat's bell float through the window. The neighbour seems to be just as annoyed with the dog as he is with the cat and drags the dog out of the fight. Dan and I freeze on the sofa, open mouthed at each other, not sure what to do. We then crack up laughing as the neighbour moves out of earshot.

Part of me is mortified - the exact quote from the neighbour is 'For f$%£#s sake, you two, don't START!', so clearly this is a routine that he is becoming sick and tired of. Part of me is secretly pleased, because this is the same neighbour whose social life frequently wakes us up in the middle of the night and whose friends stand right next to our bedroom window to have lengthy conversations at 2 in the morning about how best to 'bag' a female member of their group. I feel as though Muddles, perhaps also disgusted with these conversations, is getting revenge on behalf of the family. However, I suspect his motivations may not be so selfless - once the dog has left he re-focuses his attention on the blackbirds that he has been winding up all morning, and their incessant warning calls fill the air.

However, I do have good news. I passed my uni exam! That's four years down, two to go. Definitely on the downward slope now. Time for some pink fizz! 

Also, Slim-Fast is AWESOME! Sorry Kayla, you were wrong on this one! I lost 5 pounds in one week. I know that it will probably settle out to a couple of pounds a week now, you often get a bumper weight loss in the first week with this sort of diet. But its a great start and has meant I am down to the lightest I have been in about a year. 

The allotment awaits - the recent weather has been good for the plants, but unfortunately that includes the weeds, and we have more bindweed than anything else at the moment. Not for long - we are launching an offensive today!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment